If you will consider and adopt the following 16 points, then you can ensure your perfect overall development in a short time:
- Soul-force: In order to boost your soul-force, chant – ‘Aum, Amen or Ameen’
- Firm resolve: Before taking any decision, first put three fingers on your Ajna chakra (the point between your eyebrow); and then making a resolve of taking up any task small or big, preserve until it’s done.
- Fearlessness: Witness the fear if it comes, and discard it. This is the key to success.
- Knowledge: Attain the knowledge of the soul, the supreme self, and nature. For example, my hand doesn’t know that it’s a hand, but I know that it is a hand; a field doesn’t know that it’s a field, but the farmer knows: ‘This is a field’. Similarly, we perform actions through this body, which is as good as a field; and thus, sow the seeds of actions, and then reap the harvest of consequences. So, I am Kshetrajna – the Knower of the Field (i.e. the body and its actions). Nature is continually changing, while I am unchanging (essence). The stage of childhood has changed, but I the knower of that am still the same. The phases of rags and riches have come and gone, the states of happiness and sorrow have come and gone; yet, I am self-existent, the master of all circumstances. Entertaining such thoughts resolutely and taking refuge in Self-Knowledge, you will start becoming fearless and doubtless.
- Nitya Yoga (Eternal Union with God): Nitya Yoga, you quieten your mind, focusing it on God for some time, and remember that ‘God is eternal, the Atman is eternal, and my Atman survives even death.’
- Contemplation of God: Contemplate on God whose real nature is the truth.
- Faith: Faith in true scriptures, God and Guru – this is the precious treasure for your spiritual development.
- Belief in God: Whatever happened, happened for the good; whatever is happening, is happening for the good; whatever will happen, will also happen for the good only; through at this point of time we don’t realize it and hence, may feel bad about it. Troubles, problems, and hardships feel like a prison on their coming; yet, they actually carry nectar within. Hence, whatever situation you come across, just keep in mind – ‘This situation has come, it will go and a pure environment will come.
- Good Conduct: Avoid bad conduct such as – breaking your promise, telling lies & committing deceit, backbiting, etc.
- Self – Restraint: Observe moderation in diet and celibacy even if you are married. This will, in turn, boost your mental and intellectual strength, along with will power.
- Non-violence: Don’t hurt anybody by means of your words. Also, do not kill or hurt any creature either physically or mentally.
- Benevolence and Selfless Service: You should have the virtue of benevolence and selfless service in your life. You should selflessly and heartily engage yourself in benevolence and philanthropic acts. This will boost your soul force and self-satisfaction.
- Austerity: You should practice austerity in your life; and thus, even braving, hardships, engage yourself in devotional practices and righteous acts.
- Siding the truth: In any matter, make sure you always side with the truth and righteousness. Don’t kill your soul force by being biased towards your own people and cruel towards others. Bring your own people to justice and forgive others.
- Sweet and Cordial nature: Behave sweetly and cordially with everyone.
The aforementioned 15 virtues are the keys to all kinds of elevation & development – material, divine, spiritual and even spiritual development.