EIGHT TYPES OF PROSPERITY
Many of us have misconception about prosperity; we refer it to as only wealth, money or cash, but it is only one aspect of prosperity. Actually there are eight types of prosperity. In Hinduism there are 8 goddess of prosperity and it is considered that if any 1 type of prosperity if missing then that person is not considered as being prosperous.
Goddess Lakshmi is refer as the God of prosperity and Goddess Lakshmi is having 8 different forms just like Goddess Durga has 9 appellations so as Goddess Lakshmi in her eightfold form is referred to as the Ashta-Lakshmi.
The Ashta-Lakshmi are believed to fulfill these human necessities and desires and that eight divine forms are as follows:-
- Aadi Lakshmi ( Maha Lakshmi):- She is the bestower of happiness and purity in all forms. She is regarded as the daughter of sage bhrigu and wife of Lord Vishnu.
- Dhana Lakshmi or Aishwarya Lakshmi (Goddess of wealth):- She is a bestower of wealth in an abundance form like money, gold, silver, and all the things which leads us to comfort at all levels.
- Dhaanya Lakshmi (Goddess of food grains):- She is the bestower of all the natural nutrients and minerals in the form of food grains for the healthy body and mind.
- Gaja Lakshmi (Elephant Goddess):- She is the daughter of the ocean. She was born out of churning of ocean (Samudra Manthan). She is a bestower and protector of grace, wealth, prosperity, royalty and abundance.
- Santana Lakshmi (Goddess of progeny):- She is the bestower with the wealth of good children possessing good health and a long life.
- Veera Lakshmi or Dhairya Lakshmi (Goddess of Valor & Courage):- This Lakshmi is a bestower of strength, courage and power. She helps us to come over of all the difficulties of our life and ensure a life of stability.
- Vidhya Lakshmi (Goddess of Knowledge):- She is a bestower of knowledge and education. Not just degrees and PHD’s but real all round education. As the Goddess of Saraswati.
- Vijaya Lakshmi or Jaya Lakshmi (Goddess of Victory):- She is a bestower of victory in all aspects of our life, not just in war but also in life’s major struggles and little battles.
So, the prosperity that the God wants us to give is all round prosperity. Prosperity with peace. They desire us to prosper in our spirit, body and soul. God’s plan for us is not to be rich and sick, but to be wealthy, healthy and strong in all aspects of our life.